Willkommen, Gast
Benutzername: Passwort: Angemeldet bleiben:

THEMA: Mitwoch 26th November - Event Race?

Mitwoch 26th November - Event Race? 21 Nov 2014 20:05 #239974

Hi All,

I'm recently returning to GTR2 after couple of years away. And It's still one of the best racing sims out there for me:)

So Wednesday 19th Nov... I logged in to pils and joined the Indianapolis event... Didn't know it was happening... And I Wasn't prepared... But I still managed to drive a respectable 39 laps before the engine died.. :) Sure I wasn't fast, but driving consistently and staying out of trouble landed me in the top 10 in S1 and I gave lots of drivers a good clean battle through the race, before finishing at the back with my team-mate and out dead engines.. aLOt of fun :)

My car setup was AWFUL, my cr5 handled best on completely cold tires and I think the race would been much easier if the car was most stable..

SO next time I'd like a bit more prep' :) And maybe I can make the top 10 :)
My question is this:

Q: the events page doesn't seem to have the correct dates, I looked and the 'cr5 Indianapolis' had a date mitwoch... Juli....???
So what track and car will be used in next Wednesdays/mitwoch's event???

Thanks for any answers or setup advice ;)
Keiserwill
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.

Aw: Mitwoch 26th November - Event Race? 21 Nov 2014 20:26 #239971

• Nilski98
  • Nilski98s Avatar
  • Simulant
The car and track infos for the next event will normally appear after the recent event. So the poster for the next wednesday event will appear tomorrow or on Sunday.
If it lasts longer, just have patience.

And: I guess that 90% of the drivers (including me) here are driving without practice before 8pm on the event day. We are just driving to have fun, not be be the fastest. And to have fun, you don´t need the perfect setup, a setup created in 40minutes is enough to have fun.

P.S.: For setup beginners this is a very good guide:
http://www.digitaldisplacement.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/GTR2_Guide_Setup_LmS_0.62b_MULTILANGUAGE.zip

Re:Mitwoch 26th November - Event Race? 22 Nov 2014 15:13 #239952

Hi Nilski, Thanks for your reply

Will definitely take a look at the setup file, thanks for that! :) i do have the basics of setup down, it's just the strong characteristics of very different cars and how that implicates suspension, roll bars, camber and all those types of things I have no idea about.

Ultimately everything you say is true about fun, it's all good fun, my objective is always to finish and I've got no illusions of racing at the front. It would however be nice to have a platform that allows me to attack a few cars in front too, rather than struggling to keep the car on the track and relying on being difficult to overtake:)

Also true that like everyone else I won't have time to test with given cars, but I might squeeze half an hour on a given track/car to test a few suspension extremes and get a better idea of direction, I'm never on time to get the whole practice /qually session either so maybe that's more where my question was coming from

Anyway, as you say it's all good fun! :) was just looking for a heads up on how to read the read the events page.. looking forward to the next race! :)

Cheers
Keiserwill
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.033 Sekunden
Zum Seitenanfang