Willkommen, Gast
Benutzername: Passwort: Angemeldet bleiben:

THEMA: Improving the voting system?

Improving the voting system? 19 Apr 2008 13:34 #155235

We now have a huge amount of tracks to chose from and vote for each month, thanks to the creativity of the modding community and the admins of BBB adding these additions to the archive...

But does the current voting system have weaknesses, which could be improved?

Long tracks such as grand prix circuits; Sachenring; Nordschleife; Circuit de la Sarthe etc. are rather dull to drive in low powered touring cars like BBTC and Supercopa Leon, as we can use full throttle for huge sections of the lap. Some of them are nice tracks to drive in GT class or open wheel cars, but these car types are not the essence of #1 server. Hence why I usually rate these tracks no higher than 3, as they are not suited to a vast majority of #1 cars.

Oval tracks again, in my opinion, are rather dull to drive in touring car mods found in the #1 server. However, Cart and Nascar enthusiasts would no doubt love to drive these tracks online in a series of tracks relevent to the real life championship. Hence I usually vote no higher than 3 for these type of tracks.

Allowing BBB members to rate every track on a scale from 0 to 5 is dangerous, in my opinion. These votes are kept by BBB until an update happens for a track. By and large, this results in the same "usual suspects" always being on the #1 server rotation, with new additions to the BBB archive rarely getting a chance to prove themselves.

The current system relies on BBB members giving an objective rating for every track, but I suspect there is a lot of tactical voting going on, trying to force which 20 tracks are chosen each month. Personally, my votes are chosen by this set of rules:-
0: Tracks that have at least one corner where cutting can be done without penalties (Silverstone; Hockenhiem; Toban; Montreal etc)
1: Too long for touring cars; an oval; unplayable fps
2: A dull track; a narrow street circuit
3: An ok GP track; weak club/national circuit
4: Good fun with touring cars
5: As good as it gets for touring cars!

Could we vote for tracks on each server?

Could we vote for which 20 tracks we would like each month, instead of rating each track?

Could new tracks automatically be given one month trials online?

Could tracks used online the previous month be excluded from voting for the next month?

Could we vote for which similar powered cars are used for a month on each server, so that the ranking system gives better comparisons, rather than so many car mods being in use?

Sorry for the long post, I'm simply trying to raise a discussion which will make a good community get even more enjoyment :)

P.S. Not been around much online due to new working hours and waiting for new quad core pc bits to arrive!
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.027 Sekunden