Willkommen, Gast
Benutzername: Passwort: Angemeldet bleiben:

THEMA: How can I upload a mod?

How can I upload a mod? 19 Feb 2010 22:52 #265728

Hi, I'm backmarker here but I also use ZeZeZoom at other forums.
I'd like to upload version 2.5 of the Porsche Mobil 1 SuperCup for GTR Evolution mod here at weissbierbude but I don't know how.
Can you please guide me as to how to do it (assuming I can do it)?
Cheers,
Eduardo (aka backmarker; aka ZeZeZoom).
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.

Aw: How can I upload a mod? 20 Feb 2010 01:58 #265731

Hi & welcome here ZeZeZoom :)

It's a good question, i think it's not described anywhere on the page!
I'll try to describe how things going here but english is not my native language ;)
Due to our auto-updater system it's only possible for admins to "upload" stuff here. Every content which will be uploaded here will be in time in the auto-update system. Thats the reason why we have to check every mod, track and skin if it's 100% working. On the other hand we are a pure "online community", so the most important thing is that everything works online on our servers together. Like you see we have a "bestlap-table" where every lap is recorded someone drive on our server. That means that we need to insert every car (mods&skins) and every track manualy in the database before we put it on the servers.
We also know the damn Model-ID problems etc., so we are really careful which things we put into the auto-update-system.
And last but not least -> we don't want to get in conflict with one of the other bierbuden. Thats the reason why we don't host the gtl2evo & gtr2toevo mod here. That also means that we try not to use mods which have a feeling like 1:1 gtr² to evo or 1:1 rfactor to evo etc. Things need to feel like Evo ;)
I/We would like to try the newest version of your mod and talk to you about it after that! :) But it will take some time. We have a lot of skins to insert into the db and don't really found the time to do it right now... This stupid real life is taking us into some time-problems right now ;)

You see -> It's not so easy for us to decide which stuff we can take cause it will be distributed to hundreds of members by one click ;)

Btw., after the descision to take the DTM-Mod online it took us a few weeks to insert every single skin into the db... Cause it's a lot of work to do things are moving a bit slower on the bude ;)

Hope i make everything unterstandable to you!

Cheers,
Marian

Re:Aw: How can I upload a mod? 20 Feb 2010 10:43 #265734

Hi Marian,
Many thanks for taking the time to reply my post.
This mod (Porsche Mobil 1 SuperCup for GTR Evo) feels pretty much like Evo - I mean, like Porsche cars should feel in Evo, imho. The cars also sound different than in GTR2, although this is a conversion of the GTR2 mod (with some tweaking;) ).
I fully understood your explanation. Don't worry, your English is quite good; it is not my native language either.:)
Thus, please take your time testing it and deciding whether or nome to include the mod (and all its skins) in your database.
I hope you get at least some joy driving the cars in the process (I meant, testing the mod, of course...:P :laugh: ).
Cheers,
Eduardo
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.049 Sekunden